New Orleans, LA asked in Traffic Tickets and Civil Rights for Louisiana

Q: License been expired 7 years now last 6 months all of a sudden now they've been suspended

So I got a ticket rope for driving under suspended suspension but I've never done anything to get a suspension so how would it change from expired to expansion without seeing the charge or getting in any trouble

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It's concerning that your license went from being expired for seven years to suddenly being suspended without any apparent reason or notification. It's essential to gather as much information as possible about the situation, including any communication or documentation you may have received from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or law enforcement regarding the suspension. Look into your driving record and contact the DMV to inquire about the status of your license and the reason for the suspension.

If you believe the suspension is a mistake or unjustified, consider challenging it through the appropriate legal channels. This may involve requesting a hearing with the DMV or seeking legal advice to explore your options for appealing the suspension. Be sure to provide any evidence or documentation that supports your claim that you did not engage in any actions that would warrant a suspension.

In the meantime, it's crucial to comply with any requirements or obligations related to the suspension, such as paying fines or completing any necessary steps to reinstate your license. Avoid driving while your license is suspended to prevent further legal consequences. Seeking assistance from a legal professional who can help you navigate through the process and advocate for your rights may be beneficial in resolving this issue effectively.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.