St Louis, MO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Missouri

Q: My visitation with my children is not being honored. My complaint to the police went nowhere.

What can I do about her demands for money? She is letting me see them this weekend for the first time in two months but only if I send her 200$ cash. I think that’s horrible and my twin daughters are calling me everyday asking why I can’t pay mom more money so that they can come see me. How can I get this to stop without another series of court dates that give me dates that I can have them that mean nothing because she will just not allow me to again. The police will not help me even if I show them that it is court ordered to pick them up!? They say that it’s a civil matter and I need to take her to court again. Ugh!!! I am not able to afford this as I have already given her the house and the car that I bought and paid for. I left with nothing. This is wrong on so many levels and the system is absolutely broken when it comes to a fathers rights where children are concerned.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steve D. Hardin
Steve D. Hardin
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • St. louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You will have to take her back to court. The legal system is not self actuating and you have to bring a petition for family access and motion to modify to would likely be in order too. You need to speak to a family attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.