Nashville, TN asked in Estate Planning, Civil Litigation and Probate for Tennessee

Q: Will Attorneys construe what a litigate is trying to say?

I intend to stop a partition by sale. I have my memorandum of points and authorities in video form, that were court recorded from previous proceedings. I discovered multiple oversights therefore I would like a motion to stay pending appeal. I seek an Attorney that will listen to what I am saying, review my memorandum and convert what's seen in video to law jargon.

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Sale for Partition Actions are generally a statutory right. There are sometimes defenses, but usually only comprise surcharges amongst various parties against their share of the net common fund. You will need to file a written pleading and an interlocutory appeal will almost surely be futile. Hire a competent attorney that handles real property litigation, or sit back and get your cash share.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.