New Orleans, LA asked in Divorce, Personal Injury and Family Law for Louisiana

Q: When divorced a settlement was had . But spouse refused to give my share even when my name as her husband was on the sui

Suit. Judgement was 2014 divorced in 2022 AM I entitled by Ohio law my share.

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If the settlement has been signed by a Judge as an Order of the Court or a Judgment of the Court, then return to Court and seek enforcement of the Judgment. If you have an attorney representing you then I advise you to contact said attorney about this. If you did not have an attorney, then please consult with a divorce/community property attorney to discuss this and the best way for you to achieve justice. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.