Athens, GA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Georgia

Q: Can a judge give sole custody with only 3 hrs of dfcs center supervised visits once a weekend ordering no contact outsid

Only for having marijuana in your system

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Judges can render orders that they feel are in the best interests of the child, and they have a lot of discretion in what they can make an order of the court. So a question that asks if a judge can do something, yes they can, and they probably did. And if you feel like you have been been able to accurately handle your case, I would suggest you hire an attorney. Hopefully this is a temporary order and not a final one. Because if it's temporary, you have time to hire an attorney to help you finalize this case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.