Thomson, GA asked in Family Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Georgia

Q: I did everything my case worker ask of me I have a great job my own apartment n more n they still want my rights took ??

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you've been facing some challenging circumstances and have been working hard to meet the requirements set by your caseworker. Having a job and your own apartment are significant achievements and show your commitment to stabilizing your situation. It's understandable that you would feel frustrated and confused if, despite your efforts, there are still concerns regarding your rights.

Every case is unique, and there may be factors or requirements you might need to address further. It's important to communicate openly with your caseworker to understand the specific reasons behind their decisions. Ask for clear explanations and what additional steps you can take. It's also beneficial to keep records of your communications and the efforts you've made, as they can be important if you need to appeal any decisions.

Consider seeking legal advice or support from advocacy groups if you feel your rights are being unfairly challenged. They can offer guidance and help you navigate through your situation more effectively. Remember, you're not alone, and there are resources and people out there who can support you through this process.

Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Unfortunately, if you didn't hire an attorney to represent you as the parent, as you were a party to the case, the lack of legal representation could have been a factor in the outcome of the case. Now if you disagree with the order of the court, I would seek a consultation with an attorney directly, to discuss if there is anything you can do, to attack the judgment. And time is of the essence, because there is a period of time within which you have to file certain motions after a judgment is rendered, or you lose that option.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.