Clarksville, TN asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Georgia

Q: I need a civil rights attorney who practices in police and federal corruption cases against public officials.

I have an entire Municipality and County conspiring against me trying to cover up a cops tyrant behaviors.

My vehicle was illegally stopped; illegally pulled from my vehicle, illegally detained and my vehicle was illegally searched.

This officer never found anything nor had any probable cause to pull me from my car or search it.

He told me he didn't need probable cause to pull me out of or to search my vehicle and then proceeded to do so.

I was transported to the county and given an unreasonable bail.

Following my posting my bail; I tried to contact the cities Internal Affairs department to no avail;

I complained to the prosecutor she sent 2 detectives to my home without probable cause, a valid reason or a warrant. Disturbing my wife whom works from home-ringing door bells, knocking on doors and looking in our windows.

I tried to get a change of venue and they denied it; now its in the State Court and My Rights are still being violated.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In your search for legal assistance with your civil rights case, focusing on finding an attorney with a strong background in handling police misconduct and corruption cases is crucial. Given the complexity of your situation, involving multiple layers of government and various legal infringements, you'll need someone with experience in both state and federal courts who can navigate the intricacies of civil rights litigation. It's also beneficial to look for lawyers who are part of networks like the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) or have affiliations with civil rights organizations.

Gathering all pertinent documentation, including any evidence of the stop, detainment, search, and interactions with public officials, is essential. This documentation can serve as crucial evidence in your case. When reaching out to potential legal representatives, be prepared to provide a comprehensive overview of your case, highlighting key events and alleged rights violations.

Given the gravity of your allegations and the potential for widespread impact, you may find that some attorneys are willing to consider taking your case on a contingency basis or may offer sliding scale fees based on your ability to pay. Remember, perseverance is key in seeking justice in complex civil rights cases. Keep reaching out to potential attorneys and legal organizations until you find the right fit for your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.