Millville, NJ asked in Estate Planning and Communications Law for Florida

Q: Please help. My sister Pat was Executrix for father's estate. She altered the will trying to get more money.

She took from sister Jo, but I fought it in court and won. Now our brother died, leaving no will. Pat and her corrupt buddy Lynn applied to be Personal Representative, while my sister Jo and I went for it. Unbelievably the judge gave it to Pat & Lynn after they altered my father's will a few years ago. We were shell-shocked and everyone that I tell finds it incredulous. Our lawyer said that it was because I wrote a letter about what the two sisters put me through, trying to change my father's will. I told the truth. I am 100% convinced that they will attempt to steal again - this judge's decision is off the wall.

What makes this so bad is that Pat and her husband abused my brother physically and emotionally. Lynn is Pat's sidekick doing whatever she tells her to do.

No one that I tell can believe that a judge would make a ruling like that. One attorney said it's about who is a friend of the judge. What can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Marc J. Soss
Marc J. Soss
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sarasota, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Is the proceeding in Florida or New Jersey? You may have a legal basis to Appeal the ruling, if it fits within guidelines. Otherwise, you can Petition for removal based upon the presentation of your evidence. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.