Minneapolis, MN asked in Family Law for Minnesota

Q: If my parental rights were terminated can I still care for my son if his father allows it?

My parental rights were terminated by default in 2020. My son's father was given full custody. Can I still care for my son if the father allows me to? also, I have my discovery from my CPS case. There are many errors and false reports made by the case worker. I need help to get my rights back and to show that the CPS worker, in fact, made false reports. I have many witnesses, including the foster mother of my son, whom I have a very close relationship with to this day. The CPS worker was held in contempt when she moved my son against a court order. Please help. I know I have a strong case against them

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Kane
Robert Kane
  • Eagan, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: I can't answer for specifically for you, but generally a parent with no parental rights would have the same opportunity to spend time with a child as anyone else with the permission of the parent or guardian. A petition can be filed to reverse the termination, but the chances of success are extremely low. An attorney may be willing to evaluate your situation for a fee.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.