Colorado Springs, CO asked in Divorce, Family Law and Domestic Violence for Colorado

Q: Good morning,

I am recently divorced (1+ year) and share two children with my ex. We share split custody of our two children with no child support nor alimony. With this, my ex has continued to be verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive towards me and I am interested in determining what options I might have.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cindy Perusse
Cindy Perusse
  • Denver, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Abusive to you or the kids? There are ways to limit contact or have contact monitored through platforms such as Our Family Wizard or Talking Parents. If the abuse you state relates to the children then you may consider a motion to modify parenting time. But, you will need to document and prove the abuse you claim as the court will want to know the bases for your request to change things.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.