Jacksonville, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Document state my ex husband is to have our girls every other week this summer he has informed me he can only do weekend

And will not help with childcare for those weeks he also explained I must get on a co parent app to contact him due to his gf not wanting us to have communication with out her knowing what all was said and if I don’t get the app I will not be able to contact him cause he is changing his number what can I do I have primary custody

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: When a non-custodial parent is awarded visitation through a court order, there is no penalty if they decide not to exercise it. There is nothing you can do to force him to take the children if he does not want too. You also can't force him to pay for childcare unless an order already says he pays for childcare or a portion of childcare. The only thing you can do is file for a modification of the current order, take him back to court, and ask the court to make the changes you are requesting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.