Griffin, GA asked in Child Support and Family Law for Georgia

Q: Exwiife is lying about her income&expenses worksheet. Claiming the children go to private school and they are at public

She just bought a 600,000 house , new car , rental properties and I have no job been thrown in jail for not paying her attorney fees by the time frame . I don’t have a job but she claims I make 9000 a month. I don’t even have the money now to even have a lawyer to represent me from paying her 5000 bill. She has lied claiming she has no income by putting the businesses in her fiancés name ( the same guy she cheated on me with when we was married). She is lying about the children being in private school $ 5000 and they have attended public school. How do I get this resolved.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You get a lawyer. That's how you resolve this. Either you have an open child support case or you file for a modification. But you have an attorney go through the proper procedure to obtain correct income information from the mother. Then you can have an accurate gross monthly income for a child support worksheet. But it appears that you need the right discovery in order to obtain an accurate picture of her income and assets.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.