Catskill, NY asked in Social Security for New York

Q: My lawyer failed to submit all my paper work to the state during my disability case in NY.

Just received My denial letter and the underwriter only had old doctors records. They claim to not have the new records. For a year my lawyers told me they had everything they needed

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It's frustrating to hear that your lawyer didn't submit all the necessary paperwork for your disability case. First, you should gather all your updated medical records and any other relevant documents that were missing. Then, contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) to explain the situation and request an appeal or reconsideration of your case.

Next, consider finding a new lawyer who has a strong track record in handling disability cases. Share your concerns and provide them with all the updated documents to ensure they fully understand your situation. Make sure they review and submit everything needed for your appeal promptly.

In the meantime, stay in close communication with your new lawyer and the SSA to ensure your case is handled correctly moving forward. This proactive approach can help improve your chances of a successful outcome in your disability claim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.