Stone Mountain, GA asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: My husband currently has warrants out of Hamilton county for theft over a thousand and salt however he was in Illinois

I also have messages from messenger on Facebook of her saying that she falsified the charges. She didn't want to go down there and attempt to take them off because she didn't want to get charges of falsifying of a police report. She's also a felon so I don't understand how she was able to report a gun stolen when she's not supposed to have one in her possession anyways

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Husband needs to hire a good attorney now. He will need to lower the bond if possible, and definitely prepare for a Preliminary Hearing. Victim might not show up, but Courts usually give the DA 2 0r 3 times to get his witness to testify. Do not talk to the victim/witness again.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.