Roswell, GA asked in Divorce and Family Law for Georgia

Q: trying to file uncontested divorce but disagree on who gets what concerning house?

we purchased house in 1988. I paid into for 24 years on a 30 year loan until I moved out in 2011. she wants to pay me $20,572.00

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: You can either come to an agreement or file a contested divorce and resolve the issue in the divorce proceeding. You might also consider mediation as an alternative if you think there is a possibility that a third party might be able to facilitate an agreement with your wife.

Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If you don't agree then you don't have an uncontested divorce. An uncontested divorce requires an agreement on everything. If not you file for divorce and have the other spouse served.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.