How do you get divorced if you cannot track down your spouse?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |

Answers (2)


Paula McGill

Answered On Sep 3, 2012
File the summons and complaint. Keep a record of how you attempted to find your spouse Thereafter, file a petition with the court to serve by publication.

Allan Wolk

Answered On Nov 30, 2012
Hello. There are several steps that have to be followed. You have to show the court that you made a diligent effort to locate your spouse. Use of the internet can help here. If you find him, he can be served. If not, then a petition has to be filed showing your efforts and asking for substitute service thru the local newspaper. Call me for a free consultation. 845 634 8179 And see me website: www.wolk-divorce-attorney-com Allan Wolk