Ask a Lawyer

Question:
120
Add details

Questions & Answers by Practice Area

Questions & Answers by State

Recent Questions & Answers

Q: I suffer severe neck and back head injures for 7 years. The case was settle . Worker Comp and the lawyer fee told most

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Pennsylvania on Aug 30, 2014

Answered on Sep 2, 2014

Follow Question


Timothy Belt's answer
It sounds like you either settled the wage loss portion of your claim and left the medical open or you settled a third-party claim. I am not sure what you mean when you say that workers' compensation and the lawyer took most of your settlement since workers' compensation would not take any of a workers' compensation settlement and your lawyer would only take 20% leaving you with 80%. If there was a third party settlement then the workers' compensation carrier could recover any money they paid...

Answer this Question View More »

Q: If you have had the last dwi 14 years ago and it was your 4th one and you get one just recently will it be enhanced ?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on Aug 27, 2014

Answered on Sep 2, 2014

Follow Question


Christopher M. Lankford's answer
Yes, the new one will be a 3rd degree felony. The "ten year rule" for looking back at DWIs for enhancement has been repealed.

Answer this Question View More »

Q: How long does a case take to be litigated if a lawsuit is filed in personal injury case in utah

1 Answer | Asked in Injury Law for Utah on Aug 14, 2013

Answered on Aug 31, 2014

Follow Question


George Tait's answer
It depends - but if you file a case and go all the way through trial it should be completed within about 18 months.

Answer this Question View More »

Q: I live in nc. My sons Medicaid is through me. We have a court order that states neither party pays child support and

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for North Carolina on Aug 27, 2014

Answered on Aug 31, 2014

Follow Question


Steven W Grainger's answer
Child support is something that is, in essence, never final. If they can show that there has been a susbtantial change in circumstances since that original order, then that is enough for the court to revisit the issue. However, the court may do nothing, or it may rule in your favor. Modification, as it is called, is very fact specific,. I would advise consulting a good family law attorney in your area.

Answer this Question View More »

Q: I have to break my lease, but my landlord is requiring me to pay rent until he finds a tenant. Is this legal?

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Virginia on Aug 28, 2014

Answered on Aug 30, 2014

Follow Question


Mr. Andrew T. Bodoh Esq.'s answer
Your rights depend largely on the language of the lease. Consider getting a copy and consulting with an attorney.

Answer this Question View More »