My son 24 years old got a DUI do we need a lawyer or should he plead guilty and take his punishment?

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |

Answers (1)


Timothy J. Deffet

Answered On Jan 31, 2013
I would definitely get a lawyer. Sometimes there was no probable cause to arrest, sometimes improper warnings were given before a breath test was given or refused, sometimes evidence is destroyed, sometimes breath test machine has been improperly maintained, sometimes the officer did not perform the field tests properly. Especially a first timer you don't want to just plead out. Let an experienced DUI attorney review it. I,as well as many other attorneys in Illinois could handle it.