Can my brother in law appeal his plea of no contest on domestic violence and is it to late when court is 4-10-13?

•  
More Information:

He is trying to appeal his plea so he won't have to go to prison and will have the possibility to do a year on house arrest. His girlfriend said she gave a statement that he never did anything and that the cops where taking pictures of places she didn't even have marks. Oh also he had a violation of probation because of the domestic violence charge. He said the whole reason he even plead no contest was because he was scared he would be charged with a felony count of domestic violence after being told they had all kinds of evidence which i'm assuming are the pictures of nothing. I talked to his public defender but he doesn't seem to care to much unfortunately. Just seeking any kind of advise or information. Thank you.

Robert Jason De Groot

Answered On Apr 25, 2013
Hire an attorney quickly, time is wasting. He probably cannot appeal, but must move to set the plea aside.