Minor name change

  • You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail or RSS
  • Share |
More Information:

My ex-filed for my daughters name change and I replied to the request using my correct address. For some reason, they keep sending things to the college that I attend instead of the address I used when I sent my reply back to the court. I missed the court date and they granted her the name change. Is there anything that I can do to have this changed or appealed?

Answers (2)


Robert Jason De Groot

Answered On Apr 26, 2013
You ask if there is anything you can do. Hire an attorney to make a motion for rehearing if you oppose the name change, and have a hearing on it.

John Arthur Smitten

Answered On Apr 27, 2013
Yes you have to file a motion to set aside the judgment, and make sure you indicate that you did not get notice of the proceedings. Contact my office for free consultation. 727-446-7659