Boston, MA asked in Immigration Law for Vermont

Q: Englishman by origin.Have U.S.child aged 15.Lived in U.S more than11yrs.Worked & filed taxes.Disabled.(Need green card)

I cannot be deported but I do not have a green card. Had won the visa lotto from the department of state twelve years ago.Have family members who are U.S citizens.Have a disability,have worked,filed taxes in my name and tax I.D number.When shall I get a Green card? I am from europe england since more than 11 years.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gus M. Shihab
Gus M. Shihab
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Columbus, OH

A: Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your question on this forum.

The law requires your child to be 21 years of age in order to apply for you. The question is unclear as to how you originally entered the US. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney on your current status and whether you could file for some legal status. A lot will depend on how you originally entered the US and whether you had overstayed your visa. If you post additional details here, I will be happy to respond.

Gus M. Shihab

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.