Washington, DC asked in Uncategorized for District of Columbia

Q: How do I run a continuance for my pre trial? Must I appear in person?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel Gross
Daniel Gross
  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in District of Columbia

A: If the continuance is agreed to by both sides of the case, it can generally be submitted to the clerk’s office for the judge to consider without a hearing being required. If one side opposes the continuance then a hearing will generally be required. Please note that this general advice only and should not be considered legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.