Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for Louisiana

Q: How do we change the name on title of building from one subsidiary to other? Is it as simple as filing a Notarized form?

We merged 2 companies together so one company essentially changed its name to the new company (we filed all of the legal paperwork there). We now need to change the title of the building it has ownership of into the new companies name in the state of louisiana. Is there a generic form that you would complete, get notarized, and file with the state? Or does an attorney need to be involved?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: A real estate lawyer can assist.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.