Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Mergers & Acquisitions legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Louisiana Mergers & Acquisitions Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Mergers & Acquisitions for Louisiana on
Q: my dad passed away almost 5 months ago and my step mom mailed 2 forms for me to sign and have notarized.

its power of attorney and act of donation form

James Scott Ruel
James Scott Ruel
answered on Apr 19, 2021

You should definitely consult an attorney to be sure that signing these documents serves your best interests. You will be donating something to her that is yours- so be careful! Power of attorney let’s her act on your behalf- so be extra careful and be sure that is something you want to do.

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions, Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: What happens when the officer does not show up on the court date for resisting arrest ticket?
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Jan 1, 2020

The D.A will try to continue it at least once. The second time your criminal attorney can get it dismissed.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Contracts and Mergers & Acquisitions for Louisiana on
Q: I hired a builder and he posted pictures of my signed contract online. Is that legal?

I gave them a bad review on Facebook

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on May 21, 2019

Whether what the builder did was "legal" is impossible to say without much more information. I will note that there is very little difference between what you did (post a bad review online) and what you say the builder did in response (posted pictures of your signed contact online.)

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate Law for Louisiana on
Q: Are we entitled to acquisition prescription since my husband has lived in this home since age 12yrs (now 50)?

He is a part owner of property since his mother passed in mid 80's. Home was owned by his grandmother, his mother. her brother and very small part to his mother's half sister. Grandmother and aunt (half sister-just passed) have passed several years back and now his 2 sisters and his... View More

Jonathan R. Roth
Jonathan R. Roth
answered on Sep 8, 2017

First contact a local attorney in Louisiana. As a part owner, they need your consent to sell the property or they have to file a petition for partition or the equivalent in Louisiana. You question should be under real property or taking by adverse possession. The real issue in an adverse... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for Louisiana on
Q: How do we change the name on title of building from one subsidiary to other? Is it as simple as filing a Notarized form?

We merged 2 companies together so one company essentially changed its name to the new company (we filed all of the legal paperwork there). We now need to change the title of the building it has ownership of into the new companies name in the state of louisiana. Is there a generic form that you... View More

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 21, 2015

A real estate lawyer can assist.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.