Conshohocken, PA asked in Personal Injury for Pennsylvania

Q: How long can an accident law suit continue? accident happened over 4 years ago and still no day in court

Pedestrian hit by car, pedestrian on drugs and legally drunk walked into traffic. Ambulance chasers filed against state, town, car manufacture and us, all were dropped except us. How long before our rights are considered and the lawsuit is considered fivalas. Police cited pedestrian no fault to us.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: It all depends on which county (if it's in state court) and what the lawyers are doing. For example, some counties like Chester County, place cases on the trial list within a certain period of time. Otherwise, the defense lawyers can file a motron for summary judgment which would ask the court to dismiss the case before it goes to court. Or, in some counties, a "trial praecipe" must be filed with the court to get it listed for trial. You should ask your lawyer what is going on with the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.