Greensboro, NC asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: If I was arrested with BSO, but my jurisdiction was transferred to Dade, who is my arresting agancy?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason M. Melton
Jason M. Melton pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Spring Hill, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Im curious why you are asking this question. That aside, if you were arrested by BSO, but your case in being handled in Miami-Dade County, the arresting agency is still BSO. The officers from Broward will likely testify in your trial in Miami-Dade and they will still swear to the information contained in any information required for your case.

That said - it's possible your case was being handled by both agencies as a part of some kind of joint task force. I dont really have a lot to go on with your question, but I can tell you as a former prosecutor from Miami-Dade it was not unusual to have a case where some of the witnesses are BSO deputies.

Hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.