Stockton, CA asked in Bankruptcy for California

Q: What form do I need to send a creditor when amending my schedule F?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anudeep Singh
Anudeep Singh
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA

A: This answer will depend largely on the local rules for the District that you filed your case in. It will also depend on which Chapter of bankruptcy you filed, and whether it was an asset case.

Assuming you filed a no asset Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you will generally need to serve the creditors with a filed copy of the Schedule F (generally filed with an Amendment Cover Sheet and $26 filing fee), and a proper proof of service. There are also additional documents that must be filed with the Court (ie. amended creditor matrix).

Again, this is very case and district specific, so please consult your local rules and/or court clerk.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.