Chicago, IL asked in Lemon Law for Illinois

Q: We purchased a brand new madza cx-7 in 2006 we have had four Uncontrolled Acceleration where the brakes dont work..

Is there recourse for us.. we have had in to the service dept twice with no results..We dont want to be killed or kill someone in this car..

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Burton A. Padove
Burton A. Padove pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Highland, IN
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Unfortunately, the Lemon Law in Illinois only applies to new cars in their first twelve months so you have no recourse. You ight try going to this website and filign a complaint as doing so may force a recall. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.