Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Illinois Lemon Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Banking and Lemon Law for Illinois on
Q: I have a car that I owe more than 10 thousands of dollars that I cannot drive because of numerous mechanical problems.

What are my best options since I cannot afford to pay to fix car and make my loan payments. I live in Loves Park, Illinois.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 3, 2024

In your situation with a car that's costly to repair and still under a significant loan, there are a few options to consider. Firstly, check if your car is still under any kind of warranty. If it is, some or all of the repair costs might be covered, reducing your financial burden.

View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law and Lemon Law for Illinois on
Q: How a K1 non-immigrant (married & visa expired) obtain a drivers licence with no help from the SoS or Attorney General?

K1 visa is good for 90 days to come into the USA, marry and apply for AOS. An out of state licence is good for 30 days in Illinois, then an state licence must be obtained, but as my visa was only valid for 90 days (expired Jan/16), I am not eligible for a drivers licence (must have a valid 6 month... View More

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
answered on Jun 5, 2016

Complete our contact form at We can help.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Lemon Law for Illinois on
Q: Do I have to have the truck in question to take a person to small claims court over it?

Early this year we bought a truck from a 3rd party and he did not tell us the whole problum of the truck.

We had no choice but to salvage it and get another car.

Do I still have to have the truck in question to take this guy to small claims to try and get some of the money back... View More

Timothy J. Deffet
Timothy J. Deffet
answered on Dec 7, 2012

Not necessarily.

1 Answer | Asked in Lemon Law for Illinois on
Q: We purchased a brand new madza cx-7 in 2006 we have had four Uncontrolled Acceleration where the brakes dont work..

Is there recourse for us.. we have had in to the service dept twice with no results..We dont want to be killed or kill someone in this car..

Burton A. Padove
Burton A. Padove pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jul 18, 2011

Unfortunately, the Lemon Law in Illinois only applies to new cars in their first twelve months so you have no recourse. You ight try going to this website and filign a complaint as doing so may force a recall. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.