Omaha, NE asked in Collections for Nebraska

Q: Verbal contract agreement with La QuintaInn for lawn service&still have outstanding invoices from Jun,Au,Sep/2010! HELP!

What can our company do to recieve payment do to get our money. its only $960.00 due but the invoices are past due in September of 2010. she keeps hanging up on me hen i call her. times are rough and its only my 2nd year in business, not expanded yet.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ryan P. Sullivan
Ryan P. Sullivan
  • Lincoln, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: I suggest filing a claim in county court and get a judgment for the amount due. I often work with small businesses in handling small claims such as these. Please feel free to contact me and I can explain the initial steps to take.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.