Toledo, OH asked in Real Estate Law for Ohio

Q: I have a brother who is incarcarated in prison and has been there for 20 months.

His wife has left him and their home and has moved into a home with her new boyfriend although she is still married. neither her or my brother has made a mortgage payment in 20 months. my father sold the home to them and stayed on the loan as a cosigner and has had to make all of these payments. is their a law he could use to take back the property. we live in ohio.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brandi N Buchenau
Brandi N Buchenau
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The simplest thing would be to have the wife and husband quit claim deed the property to your father. But if they are unwilling, I am unsure as to how your father could get the property in his name. I would recommend consulting with a local Real Estate Attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.