Asked in Family Law for Alabama

Q: In ALABAMA do you have to continue to pay child support for a 18 child that has dropped out of high school and employed

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven D. Eversole
Steven D. Eversole
  • Birmingham, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Normally, in the State of Alabama, child support is mandatory until the age of 19. However, if a child no longer lives with the parent receiving the child support under the circumstances you describe, you can have said support stopped via modification. Please give me a call or visit my website for more information on this subject. My website and blog has all kinds of valuable information: and

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.