Livonia, MI asked in Personal Injury for Michigan

Q: I was injured on my job and was awarded WC and SSDI. My employer' s actions caused me to develop RSD/CRPS. How can I sue

I became disabled by bad faith decisions and my idiot mgr. Practicing medicine without a license. My company is now scrambling to make sure all holes with ADA are plugged. For2 years I have been unfairly treated by the Insurance company....such as delays for medical treatment for my early stages of RSD and not adapting my co assigned vehicle to accommodate a wheelchair and lift. I want compensatory or pain and suffering. Is it possible

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hillard Fried
Hillard Fried
  • Ann Arbor, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: If your injury arose out of and in the course of your job, and you were covered by workers compensation insurance, and no "third-party" outsider (a person not working for or partnering with your employer) contributed to your injury, then workers compensation is the exclusive remedy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.