New Haven, IN asked in Criminal Law for Indiana

Q: If i took a plea for something i didnt do but i have evidence to prove i didnt do it, could i still put in a law suit

Cps was told i went to jail for fighting in front of the kids. They took my children from my mom two days later after i was incarcerated. i took a plea to get my children back and keep them. Could i get back into court eventhough i too the pla and am on active probation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael E. Polen Jr.
Michael E. Polen Jr.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dyer, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: From your post, I am not sure what you mean when you say "put it in a law suit." A plea agreement can be admitted as an admission in a civil suit, which won't be good for you because you admitted guilt. It is also very unlikely that you will be able to get the plea agreement changed with the Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.