Kansas City, MO asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri

Q: I have a MO warrant for fail to appear on orig. charge dwi. can i just do my ses 5 day backup when i turn myself in???

I failed to pay my fines and finish satop in time about 5 months ago. im pretty sure thats why they had scheduled a prob viol hearing and issued a warrant, but i didnt know about any of this until recently after checking my mail for the first time in months. also, why is my warrant 1500 cash only bond?? i just wanna know if instead of trying to get my probation which was unsupervised reinstated then i just do my original backup of 5 days in county??????????????? I paid all court costs but never finished satop a $700 3 day program... HELP

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb
Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You need a lawyer who can meet with the judge and prosecutor in an effort to get the previous deal reinstated before you surrender yourself. You may be able to achieve the same result on your own, but it is doubtful. Call me or another lawyer for help. Jeff - jeff@314law.com, www.criminallawyermissouri.com

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.