Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Missouri DUI / DWI Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for Missouri on
Q: i got a dwi ticket in may 2015. the prosecutor refused to press charges. do i have tpo do a satop class
James P. Feely Jr.
James P. Feely Jr. answered on Apr 15, 2018

It is possible that a person may have to complete SATOP, even though their DWI charge (ticket) was rejected or dismissed by the prosecutor.

In many DWI arrest situations, it will be alleged that the driver had a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08% or higher, or it will be alleged that the...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Car Accidents for Missouri on
Q: In Saline County, MO, I got a ticket for driving while suspended/revoked? What is the punishment for 1st offense?
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers answered on Nov 4, 2017

If you plead guilty to Driving While Suspended or Revoked, 12 points will be added to your Missouri driving record and your license will be revoked for 1 year, plus you will have to pay a fine. You can hire a traffic law attorney to get your 12-point Driving While Suspended/Revoked ticket reduced... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Consumer Law for Missouri on
Q: Does my boyfriend, in Missouri, need a car in HIS name to get his license back or can I get the SR22 insurance on my car

I have a car in my name but unsure if DMV will allow his license back unless the insurance and everything is in his name

Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko answered on Sep 24, 2016

The SR22 requirement is personal. Your boyfriend will need to contact an insurance agent himself. I see no reason why he must own a car to get insurance.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri on
Q: What if during a field sobriety test the officer conducts the test in the wrong order?
Andrew Hahn
Andrew Hahn answered on Oct 8, 2015

You need an experienced DWI attorney to assist you with your case. An attorney will need to see the police report to begin crafting your defense.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri on
Q: I refused to take a breath test does that mean I'm guilty
Andrew Hahn
Andrew Hahn answered on Oct 8, 2015

No, but it does change the strategy of your defense. You need to hire an experienced DWI attorney to help you with your case.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri on
Q: Arrested for dwi never received a citation in Missouri. I don't understand how they can charge me when I never got a tic
James P. Deffet
James P. Deffet answered on Apr 10, 2015

When you are arrested for a DWI you may not be charged immediately. Many times the prosecutor may wait for results of lab tests or review your prior convictions prior to charging. Although most first time offenders are issued a ticket before release, there is no requirement that a ticket be... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri on
Q: I have a MO warrant for fail to appear on orig. charge dwi. can i just do my ses 5 day backup when i turn myself in???

I failed to pay my fines and finish satop in time about 5 months ago. im pretty sure thats why they had scheduled a prob viol hearing and issued a warrant, but i didnt know about any of this until recently after checking my mail for the first time in months. also, why is my warrant 1500 cash only... Read more »

Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb
Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb answered on Feb 14, 2014

You need a lawyer who can meet with the judge and prosecutor in an effort to get the previous deal reinstated before you surrender yourself. You may be able to achieve the same result on your own, but it is doubtful. Call me or another lawyer for help. Jeff -,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Missouri on
Q: Where can i find a petition for review in st.charles county to appeal a dwi chemical refusal
Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb
Jeffrey Alex Goldfarb answered on Feb 14, 2014

Quickest answer is to call an attorney. Those of us who file Petitions for Review have them ready to go on a moment's notice as there are very strict time limits to filing them. I believe you have 30 days from the date of the notice to file the Petition for Review or you cannot file it. The... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.