Can the biological parent contest a adoption after it is final?

More details:

If so how long do they have

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Kenneth Mitchell Kaplan

Answered 4 years ago

It is necessary to file a Motion to Vacate a Final Judgment of Adoption. This needs to be done quickly in most States a one year time limitation exists to vacate any Final Judgments.