Tucson, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Arizona

Q: I had a warrant issued on me 2yrs ago and have not took care of it on behalf of not knowing what it is for. what do i do

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jon Matthew Martinez
Jon Matthew Martinez
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: I would recommend hiring an attorney to help you out, assuming this is for a criminal matter. The first thing you or your attorney would need to do is quash your warrant by filing a motion with the court. Once that is done, you would need to set up a pre-trial conference in order to obtain the police reports and discovery and begin negotiations with the prosecutor's office. Do not wait too long to quash your warrant. Every day that passes could be the day you get stopped by police and arrested on the outstanding warrant.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.