Lowell, IN asked in Family Law for Indiana

Q: Following a request for a support modification, my ex is filing for custody. How do I find a pro bono lawyer.

When facing homelessness, I asked my ex to take the children in until I found a place to live. He said no. When I was getting beat by my former boyfriend and asked him to take the kids. He said no. When my sisters were going to file for custody because of said beatings, they asked if he would take the kids. He told them no. Now he wants them after 8 years?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Burton A. Padove
Burton A. Padove
  • Highland, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You can contact Indiana Legal Aid and/or the local probono office for the area where you live. You can find the local pro bono office at www.in.gov/judiciary

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.