Atlanta, GA asked in Personal Injury for Georgia

Q: I have received a general civil case final disposition form (non-domestic), what actions do I take to oppose the request

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Robert Neal Katz
Mr. Robert Neal Katz pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Decatur, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: This form is simply a reporting requirement created by Georgia law. The disposition itself occurred when a judgment or dismissal was entered in the case. I would recommend going to the courthouse and requesting a copy of any judgments or dismissals. This will inform you about how the case was closed. If you then believe it was closed incorrectly, you can file a motion with the court to re-open the case. Whether that motion is granted will depend upon the basis of the judgment or dismissal and whether you received proper notice of actions which resulted in the judgment or dismissal.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.