Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Michael W. Horst
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Georgia on
Q: We are not happy with the lawyers we have can we change and if so will we have to go through all the medical procedures

We was in car accident june 2019 instead of separate cases they put us as 1 and the offer they gave won't cover our medical bills

Michael W. Horst
Michael W. Horst answered on Mar 15, 2020

Yes. You can change attorneys. Who you choose to represent you is 100% up to you. In terms of your second question, your medical treatments should not have to be duplicated simply because you change lawyers. In other words, in this scenario one aspect of your case should not have anything to do... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Georgia on
Q: Can we change our lawyers we was in a accident in June 2019. They have NOT been working for us

The offer they made us will not cover our medical bills we will have to come out of our pockets

Michael W. Horst
Michael W. Horst answered on Mar 15, 2020

Yes. You can change lawyers. Who you choose to represent you is 100% your choice.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Will asking questions here negatively effect an ongoing lawsuit?

Since this is a public forum, will asking questions here, regarding an ongoing lawsuit, hurt the case or either the plaintiff or defendant involved in the lawsuit?

Michael W. Horst
Michael W. Horst answered on Feb 7, 2020

So long as you remain anonymous you should be okay. What you want to stay away from is providing details where your identity or the identity of your case can be determined. Information which appears on-line can be used in a civil case, and possibly to your detriment depending on what is disclosed.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Wrongful Death for Georgia on
Q: My father died 22 years ago in a car accident caused by someone else. I was a minor and Nothing was pursued.

The other driver was at fault, failed to yield.

My parents were divorced and my mother did not pursue anything. I have just recently found out the details, can I do anything now ?

Michael W. Horst
Michael W. Horst answered on Feb 5, 2020

I am very sorry to hear about your father. In terms of your question, the short answer is nothing can be done 22 years later.

In Georgia, when someone dies to the negligence of another two claims arise. The first claim is the wrongful death claim. It must be brought within two years of...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.