Burlington, NJ asked in Bankruptcy for New Jersey

Q: I paid a bankruptcy attorney to file chapter 7 and i have not heard from her nor did she provide me with a case # help

We previously filed chapter 13 it was dismissed we paid for 7 she claims it was filed on the 28/29 of Sept. i am unable to locate the case what can I do to locate my case #.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rodney John Alberto
Rodney John Alberto
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Forked River, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You should call the Bankruptcy Court, and give them your last name, they may be able to look it up.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.