Hardin, MT asked in Consumer Law for Montana

Q: Is it legal for a company to write themselves a check on my account when I didn't authorize it?

TRS Recovery Services has gotten into my checking account and helped themselves to my money. The first time they tried, there was only $7 in the account, and they were trying to debit $25. Same thing the second time they tried, and the third time. They dug my account into the hole $29 each time they tried to do this, and the fourth time, they got the $25 they wanted. Now, they are trying again. I want it stopped.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You need to actually see an attorney in your area about this.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.