Orlando, FL asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: Is it possible to have my probation terminated early without paying court fees?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kenneth L Foote
Kenneth L Foote
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Motions for early termination of probation may be granted by the court under several scenarios. The most common is termination at the halfway point of probation. Probation may also be terminated early upon completion of all conditions of probation. It should be noted that each county, and each judge within that county have different views on when probation should be terminated early. Unless there is a financial crisis, many courts will require that court fees be paid prior to granting a motion for early termination.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.