Irving, TX asked in Medical Malpractice for Arkansas

Q: How to file malpractice

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn L Hudson
Kathryn L Hudson
  • Little Rock, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Medical malpractice is a civil tort for personal injury and must be filed within a certain time limit after the injury occurs, in Arkansas the time to file is within two years of the occurrence or one year following the discovery of a foreign object being left in the body. A person that suspects that malpractice has occurred should consult attorneys that specialize in medical malpractice cases as medical knowledge and access to expert witnesses is very important. The success of a malpractice suit will depend on whether the doctor or healthcare professional acted outside the established "standard of care." Also, even if malpractice may have occurred, if there is no ongoing consequence that should be compensated the suit will not be successful.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.