Tempe, AZ asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: My son is facing several charges of writing checks from his dads bank account (he is an addict) what kind of sentence is

He looking at. and will they make him go thru a treatment program in florida

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Hambrick
Robert Hambrick
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Clearwater, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your son will be sentenced if he pleads guilty based on the following things: his prior record, the severity and number of forged checks and the facts and circumstances of his drug addiction and rehabilitation which if shown and proven to the Judge may help to alleviate the sentence. Clearly, your son must show the Court that he has taken care of the underlying problem causing the criminal behavior - his drug addiction, if he hopes to have mercy shown by the Court.



Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.