Brandon, FL asked in Real Estate Law for Florida

Q: Can a wife sell her interest in land even if the husband is not selling and not a party to this sale?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dennis Chen
Dennis Chen
  • Winter Garden, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The answer depends on how the property is titled. Is it as tenants in common. tenants in the entirety or joint tenants with right of survivorship? The best way to find out is to have an attorney review the deed, they can do that online and give you an opinion. You may be able to have an attorney do so in a 15-30 minute telephone consult. yo may have to pay a small fee by debit/credit card on the phone. You may call my office at 1-877-665-4664

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.