Modesto, CA asked in Bankruptcy for California

Q: Upstate management agency called me and some how convinced me that I had to pay or else I would be served the next day

I gave them my debt card info and they withdrew 304 now I can't get into contact with them to let them know that I found out that this is a scam.. is there anything I can do to get my money back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jeffrey Moore
Jeffrey Moore
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Campbell, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Contact the bank that issued the ATM card. At the very least you need to get a new card issued so that Upstate does not continue to withdraw funds from your account. I am not sure what you mean by 'a scam', but if appropriate you should also report the matter to law enforcement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.