Hollywood, FL asked in Bankruptcy for Florida

Q: How do I change my address with the Bankruptcy Court. We moved after filing Chapter 11.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Carmen Dellutri
Mr. Carmen Dellutri
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The answer to your question depends upon whether you have an attorney or not. I cannot see how you can navigate a Chapter 11 without an attorney.

Either way, there is a simple form for you to fill out. Normally, your attorney can do that when you call their office. We use electronic filing, so that when a client calls to let us know that they are changing their address, we complete the form, send a copy to them by email, and file same with the court.

In jurisdictions where they don't use electronic filing (I don't know if they even exist anymore), the document can be filed by mailing same to the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.