Haddon Heights, NJ asked in Immigration Law for New Jersey

Q: My husband has been here illigaly for over 20 years and works every day I am a US citizen how do I help him

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Susan Beth Henner

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • White Plains, NY

A: It depends how he came to the United States. You can sponsor your husband if he either came with a visa, or if he had filed (or someone filed on his behalf) a petition prior to April 30, 2001. Otherwise, you should discusss the case with a qualified immigration lawyer to see any other options he may have. You can contact our office at 914-358-5200.

Paris Lee

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Edison, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: There are a number of issues that need to be explored: ie., manner of your husband's entry, whether he has filed any type of application with USCIS, whether any entity has filed an application for him with the Department of Labor, etc. Please consult with an immigration attorney. This type of question cannot be answered over the internet.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.